Why i use GNU/Linux and Free software?
I thought it will be nice to list the reasons for me to use GNU/linux and Free software!
1. First It works!
2. I don’t have money to buy software [:P] (well free software doesn’t need to be free of cost but most of them do)
3. I love the ethics and philosophy involved in free software.
4. I don’t like cracking software.
5. I hate searching for cracks and keygens on that nasty website
6. I don’t want to be called as a pirate by morons
7. I don’t like installing antivirus (It doesn’t mean that GNU/linux dont have viruses)
8. I hate updating them
9. I hate installing device drivers in windows (As they come along with GNU/linux, i dont have to)
10. I hate installing additional generic software separately which i use in day to day business (GNU/linux has most of the generic software inbuilt with the default installation like pdf readers,browsers, media players,instant messenger,cd/dvd writing software,office productivity software,archiver )
11. I dont have to fear of viruses and pendrives anymore.I hate using buggy IE.
12. I hate using mouse (a culprit which will make you tired and sick), I have become a command freak [:P] (you can control each and every part of GNU/linux using commands)
13. GNU/Linux helps me saving battery power of my laptop.
(how? i made my GNU/linux notebook to start in runlevel 3, which never starts the GUI by default, i used to listen songs by creating mplayer playlist and start playing files in runlevel 3 [:D] that is command line. you know what i get 4.5 hours of battery life 🙂 )
14. I have lot of interest in security.
15. I want to be in control of my computer and don’t want the computer to control me [:)]
16. I like sharing free copies of GNU/linux with others.which proprietary software forbids me to.
17. Finally i hate monopoly!
note:points 15 and 16 are added as lajpat’s recommendation 🙂