New Fedora remix – Tamilan now available
The Live DVD is now available for download. It is named as Tamilan (meaning: person who speaks Tamil) . The default language is set to Tamil. You can switch to English if you want to.
The DVD includes (1.6 Gb)
1. KDE 4.4.4 (latest stable bug fix release)
2. Firefox, konqueror
3. Multimedia playback support
4. Pidgin,Transmission,Tucan, Pitivi video editor,Miro ,choqok Micro-blogging application.
5. Inkscape , GIMP
6. VLC player
8. IBus Input method
9. Rpmfusion,livna,adobe flash (sigh) repositories are enabled by default.
10. Updates upto june 20,2010
11. GNU/Linux advocacy/philosophical videos.
The DVD will be used to demonstrate support for localization which exists in GNU/Linux Desktop. Fedora doesn’t include Tamil support for KDE by default (it’s incomplete, will be completed soon) , so we compiled the translation files into rpm and included it in the remix.
The DVD can be downloaded from : http://psgkriya.org/saga/Tamilan-Fedora-Remix/
Kickstart file can be downloaded from : http://psgkriya.org/saga/Tamilan-Fedora-Remix/tamilan.ks
Many thanks to Rahul Sundaram and Hiemanshu sharma for their timely help, Yuvraj for the hosting & bandwidth and amachu for the motivation & support.