Dell vostro 3500 and Fedora 13
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 350M(2.26GHz, Dual Core, 4T, 3MB L3)
- 3GB (1X2G+1X1G) DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 2 DIMM
- 320GB Hard Drive, 7200 RPM
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g wireless
- 8X DVD+/-RW Drive for N-Series
- Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module
- 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Fedora 13 on dell vostro 3500
Fresh installation using Fedora 13 live usb works.
Details of lsmod,lspci,lsusb and cpuinfo
Sound works by default.
Vlc 1.0.6 crashed initially , ran vlc using ‘MALLOC_CHECK=1 vlc’ to rectify the problem.
Fedora uses r8169 module and it works
Wireless won’t work by default, need to install kmod-wl package from rpmfusion non free repository.
Works fine. Tapping is not enabled by default, enable it by visiting System->Preferences->Mouse->Touchpad
Webcam works. Clicked some pictures with cheese.
Works. Transferred some files to my mobile.
Multimedia keys response is poor. (Play, pause,next,previous,stop,volume buttons ) I don’t know whether its the fault of my machine, because i can increase the volume with ease but cannot reduce it.